Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to AHM Cars Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations, and secondary legislation;
GDPR: the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
AHM Cars Limited, we, or us: AHM Cars Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number.
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by AHM Cars Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to AHM Cars Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.ahmcars.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts, and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AHM Cars Limited is the "data controller." This means that AHM Cars Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- AHM Cars Limited will collect your Data in several ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail, or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times, and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, following the cookie settings on your browser.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record-keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent that applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
- if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents, and/or professional advisors - to process orders;
- third-party service providers who provide services to us that require the processing of personal data - to help third-party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
- third-party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third-party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
Technical and organizational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses, and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax, or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights concerning your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update, or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data, including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make inquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.